Quantifying astronomical time and geophysical space,
using alignment, counting and geometry.
- Before, during and after Sacred Geometryabove: Carreg Coetan Arthur portal dolmen in Newport, Pembrokeshire. The prehistory of sacred geometry was the late stone age, when the stone circles, dolmens, and long alignments to astronomical events on the horizon, used megaliths (large stones) in geometrical ways. Their geometries served their quest to understand the heavens, without telescopes or arithmetic, by using … Continue reading “Before, during and after Sacred Geometry”
- Astronomy 3: Understanding Time Cyclesabove: a 21-petal object in the Heraklion Museum which could represent the 21 seven-day weeks in the 399 days of the Jupiter synod. [2004, Richard Heath] One of the unfortunate aspects of adopting the number 360 for calibrating the Ecliptic in degrees is that the megalithic counted time in days and instead saw the ecliptic … Continue reading “Astronomy 3: Understanding Time Cycles”
- Astronomy 2: The Chariot with One WheelWhat really happens when Earth turns? The rotation of Earth describes periods that are measured in days. The solar year is 365.242 days long, the lunation period 29.53 days long, and so forth. Extracted from Matrix of Creation, page 42. Earth orbits the Sun and, from Earth, the Sun appears to move through the stars. … Continue reading “Astronomy 2: The Chariot with One Wheel”
- Astronomy 1: Knowing North and the Circumpolar Skyabout how the cardinal directions of north, south, east and west were determined, from Sacred Number and the Lords of Time, chapter 4, pages 84-86. Away from the tropics there is always a circle of the sky whose circumpolar stars never set and that can be used for observational astronomy. As latitude increases the pole … Continue reading “Astronomy 1: Knowing North and the Circumpolar Sky”
- THE MEANING OF LE MENEC (PDF)This paper proposes that an unfamiliar type of circumpolar astronomy was practiced by the time Le Menec was built, around 4000 BCE. This observatory enabled the rotation of the earth and ecliptic location of eastern and western horizons to be known in real time, by observing stellar motion by night and solar motion by day. This method … Continue reading “THE MEANING OF LE MENEC (PDF)”
- Video: Some Numbers of Cosmic IntelligenceThis was recorded before 2012 using diagrams slides and voice-over. It still introduces well how the megalithic solved astronomical problems.
- Three Lunar Orbits as 82 day-inchesSacred Number and the Lords of Time interpreted Thom’s megalithic fathom of 6.8 feet (as 2.72 feet times 2.5) found at Carnac’s Alignments as a useful number of 82 day-inches between stones in the stone rows of Le Menec. After 82 days, the moon is in almost exactly the same place, amongst the stars, because … Continue reading “Three Lunar Orbits as 82 day-inches”