Sacred numbers arose from ancient man’s observation of the heavens, and represent the secrets of cosmic proportion and alignment. The ancients understood that the ripeness of the natural world is the perfection of ratio and that the planetary system–and time itself–is a creation of number. We have forgotten what our ancestors once knew: that numbers and their properties create the forms of the world.
- Astronomy 3: Understanding Time Cyclesabove: a 21-petal object in the Heraklion Museum which could represent the 21 seven-day weeks in the 399 days of the Jupiter synod. [2004, Richard Heath] One of the unfortunate aspects of adopting the number 360 for calibrating the Ecliptic in degrees is that the megalithic counted time in days and instead saw the ecliptic … Continue reading “Astronomy 3: Understanding Time Cycles”
- Astronomy 2: The Chariot with One WheelWhat really happens when Earth turns? The rotation of Earth describes periods that are measured in days. The solar year is 365.242 days long, the lunation period 29.53 days long, and so forth. Extracted from Matrix of Creation, page 42. Earth orbits the Sun and, from Earth, the Sun appears to move through the stars. … Continue reading “Astronomy 2: The Chariot with One Wheel”
- Further Ratios of the Outer Planets to the Lunar YearThe traditional way to express the Harmony of the Spheres is geometrically, despite the fact that geometrical knowledge of the heliocentric planetary system was not available to Pythagoras who, for the West, first established this whole idea – that the planets were part of a system expressing harmony. The opening picture is from Kepler’s Harmonices … Continue reading “Further Ratios of the Outer Planets to the Lunar Year”
- Fibonacci in Jupiter’s 12-fold HeavenThe Fibonacci series is an ideal pattern, widely found within living systems, in which the present magnitude or location of something is the product of two previous magnitudes or locations of it. The next magnitude will again be the sum of the last two magnitudes in what is, an algorithmic pattern producing approximation to the … Continue reading “Fibonacci in Jupiter’s 12-fold Heaven”
- Venus: Planet of Harmony: part 1Venus has played a strong role in mankind’s imagination, being a bright object in the sky in the evening sky and then the morning sky, whilst also viewed as the primary female goddess of the Ancient Near East. To recent astronomers, she is covered in impenetrable clouds, whilst the invention of radar revealed a rocky … Continue reading “Venus: Planet of Harmony: part 1”